Classics at Balliol College
Balliol is in every way one of the biggest Classics colleges in Oxford. We are unusual in having Fellows in all four of the main areas of the subject; a large, vibrant, and cohesive community of undergraduates (as well as postgraduates); a college library with one of the best Classics collections in Oxford; and plenty of opportunities to participate in the wider life of the subject, including Classics societies, and travel grants.
Number of places at Balliol: 9.
- Associate Professor, Fellow and Tutor in Ancient Philosophy
- Associate Professor, Clarendon University Lecturer, Fellow and Tutor in Ancient Greek Language and Literature
- Associate Professor, Fairfax Fellow and Tutor in Latin Literature
- Professor of Greek History, Dyson-Macgregor Fellow, Jowett Lecturer and Tutor in Ancient History
- Lecturer in Greek and Latin Language and Literature
- Lecturer in Classics
About the course
Course requirements and selection criteria