Interested in working at Balliol?
Thank you for your interest in working at Balliol. We are one of the oldest Colleges in Oxford but we are a forward-thinking employer and we seek to create a warm, welcoming work place for our staff, students and academics. We are an inclusive college and committed to increasing diversity and supporting staff in their career goals.
Benefits of working at Balliol include:
- Free staff meals: a two-course hot lunch is available daily in Hall when the kitchens are open.
- Healthcare: including free eye tests, free flu jabs, free use of the College’s onsite gym and the University swimming pool, and preferential rates for other University sports facilities.
- Retail and online services discounts: available locally and nationally using exclusive discount codes for University staff and with a TOTUM (formerly NUS) card.
- Travel benefits: these include a bus pass scheme, rail season ticket loan to Oxford, and an interest-free bicycle loan enabling purchase of discounted bicycles and accessories.
- Visitor access: staff benefit from free visitor access to the 45 colleges and halls of the University and the University’s libraries, botanic gardens, arboretum and museums.
- Training: We are always keen to help staff members with training needs and staff development and offer a variety of training opportunities.
Join our team
All College jobs (non-academic vacancies) are advertised on our jobs portal at Balliol College Careers.