6 February 2020 and other dates
Balliol College, OX1 3BJ (and other colleges)
These days are for able students from any state schools in Years 7 and 8, run in Oxford in conjunction with other colleges. They are designed to introduce younger learners to the Oxplore website, which encourages students to debate some of our ‘Big Questions’ with the aim of developing thinking and discussion skills.
The maximum number of students any school can bring is 15.
The programme for the day is outlined below:
- 10.30–11.15am: Higher education presentation
- 11.15am-12.00pm: Oxplore workshop, with the aim of developing thinking and discussion skills
- 12.00–12.45pm: Lunch (please note that this may take place at a neighbouring college)
- 12.45–1.30pm: College tour
- 1.30–2.40pm: Academic workshop and evaluation
- 2.45–3.45pm: Optional museum visit, which must be requested at the time of booking
Dates for 2020:
- Wednesday 12 February 2020 (MFL)
- Tuesday 24 March 2020 (MFL)
These days are now fully booked.
Read more about other events, activities and information for schools here.