In 1979, the first women matriculated at Balliol. Forty years on, Balliol women from across the years came together to celebrate this anniversary. In this video, made during the celebration weekend, the Master, Fellows, students and alumnae talk about what it means to be a Balliol woman, and their hopes for the future.
Make a gift to the 40 Years Appeal
As we celebrate 40 years since the first intake of Balliol women, we also look ahead to the next 40 Years and ask for your help. Find out how you can help support the Balliol women of tomorrow.
Read more about ‘Balliol Women: 40 Years On’
- Anniversary weekend: overview
- Re mark able women: art installation in the Library
- Dervorguilla and Daughters’: exhibition catalogue (contact the Library to order a printed copy for £5.00)
- Portraits of Balliol women commissioned for the anniversary
- Rowing with alumnae and current Boat Club members