Professor Soumitra Dutta
Core subject area: Innovation, Artificial Intelligence, Services Operations Management and Technology Strategy
Teaching: Courses to MBA and Executive students on: AI Strategy, Digital Transformation and Innovation Management
Research interests: Soumitra is an authority on innovation in the knowledge economy, and throughout his career has focused on how to drive business innovation and growth through the right combination of people and technology.
Publications: Soumitra is the co-editor and author of the Global Information Technology Report, published by the World Economic Forum and the Global Innovation Index, published by the World Intellectual Property Organization — two influential reports in technology and innovation policy.
Other published books include:
• Throwing Sheep in the Boardroom: How Online Social Networking Will Transform Your Life, Work and World, with Matthew Fraser. Wiley 2008.
• Innovating at the Top: How Global CEOs Drive Innovation for Growth and Profit, with Roland Berger, Geoffrey Samuels and Tobias Raffel. Palgrave MacMillan 2009.
• Ask, Measure, Learn: Using Social Media Analytics to Understand and Influence Customer Behavior, with Lutz Finger. Beijing: O’Reilly Media 2014.
• Entrepreneurship and the Finance of Innovation in Emerging Markets, with Lourdes Casanova and Peter Cornelius. Elsevier 2018.
• The World After Covid-19: Insights from 20 Global Business School Deans and Corporate Leaders, Soumitra Dutta. GBSN, 2021