Welcome to all Balliol Freshers arriving in Hilary Term or Trinity Term! Please go through everything on this guide carefully, as it contains very important information about preparing for your arrival at Balliol.
You should find here everything that you need to know about starting life in College. If you cannot find the answers to your questions here, you are invited to email the Undergraduate Administrator or Graduate Administrator (as appropriate). Please only email if you have read the guide carefully.
This Freshers’ e-Guide will be available until the end of the 4th week of term. Thereafter, for all queries please consult the College Handbook.
What you must do before you arrive
- Complete your University Registration. You will be sent your IT activation code and log-in details once you have returned your signed contract
- Print, sign and return your Balliol College contract if you haven’t already.
- Complete the Balliol College Freshers’ Form
- Read about medical arrangements and register with the College Doctors
- Read about the arrangements for meals and register (at the beginning of term) for Catering Pre-Payment
- International and European students only:
- Arriving in Oxford
- Domestic Arrangements
- Financial Information
- Special Needs, Wellbeing and Welfare
Don’t forget that it is essential that you bring your passport and any relevant visas with you when you register on arrival.