Revd Canon Bruce Kinsey
- As Chaplain of Balliol, Bruce is happy to meet or assist any member of College. He is also happy to talk to any current or Old Members about preparation for baptism and/or confirmation, and weddings to be arranged in Balliol Chapel. For details of Chapel services, see Term Calendar; for more about the Chapel, see the Chapel web pages.
- As Wellbeing and Welfare Officer he leads the welfare team and works with them to help any College member with issues relating to Wellbeing and Welfare.
- Bruce is also Financial Aid Officer, responsible for Financial Aid.
- Previous experience: Bruce trained for the ordained ministry at Wycliffe Hall in Oxford. Before coming to Balliol he was Senior Tutor, Child Protection Designated Person and Chaplain at The Perse School in Cambridge and before that Chaplain at Downing College, Cambridge. He is also a UKCP-registered psychoanalytic psychotherapist, and trained with the Cambridge Society for Psychotherapy. He also trained as a Supervisor with the Society for Analytical Psychology, London, and registered with the British Association for Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Supervision. His clinical practice has, apart from educational settings, included prison work, AIDS/HIV work, and general mental health in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
- Research interests: He has published in the fields of therapy, education and theology and has been editor of a psychoanalytic journal. His current research interests include healing, the psychology of religious violence and the writings of an American Jesuit analyst.