This page is for Balliol offer-holders whose offers are full unconditional and who have received confirmation letters from the Undergraduate or Graduate Administrator.
Welcome to all Balliol Freshers! Please go through everything on this guide carefully, as it contains very important information about preparing for your arrival at Balliol.
You should find here everything that you need to know about starting life in College. If you cannot find the answers to your questions here, you are invited to email the Undergraduate Administrator or Graduate Administrator (as appropriate). Please only email if you have read the guide carefully.
This Freshers’ e-Guide will be available until the end of the 4th week of Michaelmas Term. Thereafter, for all queries please consult the College Handbook.
What you must do before you arrive
Pre-arrival – to do by the dates indicated:
- Read your Welcome Letters now
- Print out and return your College and University contracts as soon as possible
- Complete your University Registration from 1 September. You will be sent your IT activation code and log-in details once you have returned your signed contract
- Complete the Balliol College Freshers’ Form by 1 September
- Read about medical arrangements and register with the College Doctors by 1 October at latest
- Read about the arrangements for meals and register for Catering Pre-Payment by 23 October at latest
- International and European students only:
Read before you arrive in October:
- Arriving in Oxford
- Domestic Arrangements
- Financial Information
- Freshers’ Week Timetables
- Special Needs
Don’t forget that it is essential that you bring your passport and any relevant visas with you when you report to the Freshers’ Reception Desk on Monday 2 October - see your Welcome Letter from the Undergraduate/Graduate Administrator.