All members of College - Fellows, undergraduates and graduates - are welcome to attend services in Chapel, as are members of the public: see the Chapel services page for details. These are Christian services, including a termly Roman Catholic mass; please see also our page about other faith groups and places to worship in Oxford.
The Chaplain is happy to meet or assist any member of College. He is also happy to talk to any current or Old Members about preparation for baptism and/or confirmation, and weddings to be arranged in Balliol Chapel.
- Chaplain: The Reverend Bruce Kinsey
- Pastoral Associates: The Reverend Professor Judith Brown and the Reverend James Matarazzo
- Chaplain’s Advisory Committee:
- Charles Bertlin
- James Letten (Choir Social Secretary)
- Sean Liew (Christian Union rep)
- Meg Peyton Jones (Chapel Treasurer)
- Claire Hill (Roman Catholic rep)
- Senior Organ Scholar: Joseph Barber
- Sub-Organist: Edward Howell
- Chapel Secretary: Helen Taylor
There is a Chapel Choir, and anyone interested in joining should contact the Senior Organ Scholar by email. Balliol offers Organ Scholarships on a biannual cycle: see this page for more information for prospective applicants.
The Christian Union meets weekly for Bible study, worship, prayer, and support. Please contact the CU rep listed above for details.
Bruce’s Brunch is a weekly talk with questions. Speakers are from in or outside College and a wide range of interesting topics is discussed. A free lunch is provided. The convenors are Gregory Brinkworth and Fergus Green.
Bruce’s Brunch is not a Chapel activity and it is open to everyone in College. It takes place every Thursday in term from 1.00 to 2.00pm in Staircase XXI, Room 8: see the Term Calendar for details.