For undergraduate offer-holders for entry in October 2017.
The tutors in each subject have prepared some guidance about work that they would like you to do this summer, in preparation for your first term at Oxford.
Please click on your course below to access the subject-specific instructions.
Please note that for some subjects tutors have:
- indicated books or texts that you must read before coming to Oxford. In others reading is suggested as something that you might find interesting and useful.
- asked you to contact them directly to confirm which papers you wish to take. Please make sure that you respond by any deadline indicated.
NB Some Joint Schools have a single entry on the list below, for others you should read the information for each constituent subject.
If you have any further questions please contact Vicky Holt, the Undergraduate Administrator.
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics (Literae Humaniores)
- Computer Science
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and English (to be read in conjunction with English page)
- History and Modern Languages (to be read in conjunction with relevant language page)
- History and Politics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy (in Computer Science and Philosophy)
- Philosophy (in Maths and Philosophy)
- Philosophy (in Physics and Philosophy)
- Philosophy (in Philosophy and Modern Languages and Literae Humaniores)
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics
Pravahi Osman is Balliol’s David Freeman Outreach Officer. If you have any concerns or questions about managing your transition from school to university, you are welcome to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.