- Library open 24/7 to College members except during Closed Periods.
- Access by University card accredited by Balliol Library.
- Visitors: by appointment only, Monday to Friday, 9.00 am. to 5.00 pm.
If you have a disability and feel that you would benefit from extra support in order to get the most out of the Library during your time at Balliol, Rachel McDonald, Early Career Librarian and Library Disability Rep, would be very happy to hear from you. Currently there is only first-floor access to the Library; one way in which Rachel can help those who are unable to access it is by dropping off books at a convenient place in the College for collection. Whatever support you need, please contact Rachel at email@example.com.
- Borrowing limit: 12 items.
- Two-week loan period for most books and DVDs.
- Loans may be renewed unless reserved by another reader.
- Fines of £0.20 per day charged on overdue items.
SOLO (Search Oxford Libraries Online):
- Can be accessed on the reading room PCs.
- Gives location of books in Balliol, the Bodleian, and all Oxford Faculty libraries.
- Provides access to major online resources and databases.
- Laptop computers may be used in the Library.
- University wireless service ‘OWL’ can be accessed using the Oxford University VPN service.
- Readers are required to abide by the University’s rules on computer use.
Location of books and periodicals
For more information about how the Library works, please download and listen to the self-guided audio tour of the Library.