- Library open 24/7 to college members except during Closed Periods.
- Access by University card accredited by Balliol Library.
- Visitors: by appointment only, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Current members of Balliol who are unable because of physical disability to get to the Library in person may request books by email; these will be delivered to their room in College.
- Borrowing limit: 10 books.
- Two-week loan period for most books.
- Books may be renewed unless reserved by another reader.
- Fines of £0.20 per day charged on overdue books.
SOLO ("Search Oxford Libraries Online"):
- Available on the reading room PCs.
- Gives location of books in Balliol, the Bodleian, and all Oxford Faculty libraries.
- Provides access to major online resources and databases.
- Laptop computers may be used in the Library.
- University wireless service “OWL” can be accessed using the Oxford University VPN service.
- Readers are required to abide by the University’s rules on computer use.