- Library open 24/7 to College members except during Closed Periods.
- Access by University card accredited by Balliol Library.
- Visitors: by appointment only, Monday to Friday, 9.00 am. to 5.00 pm.
Current members of Balliol who are unable because of physical disability to get to the Library in person may request books by email; these will be delivered to their room in College.
- Borrowing limit: 10 books.
- Two-week loan period for most books.
- Books may be renewed unless reserved by another reader.
- Fines of £0.20 per day charged on overdue books.
SOLO (Search Oxford Libraries Online):
- Available on the reading room PCs.
- Gives location of books in Balliol, the Bodleian, and all Oxford Faculty libraries.
- Provides access to major online resources and databases.
- Laptop computers may be used in the Library.
- University wireless service 'OWL' can be accessed using the Oxford University VPN service.
- Readers are required to abide by the University’s rules on computer use.
Location of books and periodicals
For more information about how the Library works, please download and listen to the self-guided audio tour of the Library.